Monday, March 16, 2009

Book Review- ¿Quién se Esconde?



I love this book! It has the same 18 animals on each page. Then it asks little questions like who is hiding or who is crying or who is backwards. The kids have to remember where the animals were to answer the questions. Not only is this wonderful for learning animal vocabulary in Spanish (or English :), but it helps the kids practice memory skills. Did I mention that my kids love it? The last page only has all of the animals' eyes and the kids have to remember where all the animals were. My kids are getting closer to remembering them all. It's fun to do it in Spanish and English.

I actually checked this book out from the library in English, Who's Hiding? By: Satoru Onishi. It is very easy to translate because there are only a few words. The animals included are: el perro, el tigre, el hipopótamo, la zebra, el oso, el reno, el kanguro, el león, el conejo, la jirafa, el mono, el toro, el rhinoceronte, el cerdo, la oveja, la gallina, el elefante, y el gato.

Click here to see it on amazon.com. I wish the author had created more books!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny--I *just* saw this book on the Usborne books website over the weekend and was wondering if it was as fun as it looked like! Perfect timing.

Christine said...

What a great blog! I love how you are so devoted to teaching your children Spanish and even homeschool them in spanish. I have three little boys and raised them bilingually until we moved to Turkey, which is where we are now. We will return to the U.S. eventually and I hope to pick up full force when we return. For now, just their father speaks to them in Spanish. I have a lot of questions for you about homeschooling in Spanish. Nice to find your blog!

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhh...I want this one :)

Thanks for the find!!

Tati said...

Bunsy, I'm so glad you found my blog. It looks like we have a lot of the same interests :) My oldest starts Kindergarten next year so I am just trying out this homeschooling in Spanish. I was homeschooled so it makes it easier to do since I have that experience. I still have a lot of research to do about this and hopefully you can share your ideas, too!