Friday, October 30, 2009

Pin Pon in Shrek

La Profesora Sarita posted this on her blog and I had to share. It made me laugh.

Usually movies or books aren't translated perfectly. They lose their charm when they are translated. But when they dubbed over Shrek, they even took out the funny part when they are torturing the gingerbread man and he confesses that is was the muffin man. Well there is no muffin man in Spanish, so they switched it to Pin Pon. Pin Pon es un muneco y se lava la carita. I love it! Here is what La Profesora Sarita wrote about it here.


2 comments:

Sarita said...

Gracias. :-) Gotta be one of my all-time faves. Such an example of cultural relevance too!

Adriana said...

My husband and I have seen the Shrek movies in both English and Spanish and we much prefer the Spanish version. Of the MANY dubbed movies that we have seen this is one of the best. I know which part you are talking about. There is another part at the beginning of #2 where they are talking about food and they change it to chorizo or tortillas. I can't remember exactly. I'll watch it again and let you know.