Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Calabazas, Brujas y Disfraces!

It is fun to get into the seasons and holidays with the kids! I'm hoping to incorporate some fun activities in Spanish as well! Here are a few books, songs and activities that are related to Halloween/pumpkin time!

CALABAZAS!
I realized there is a cute song about Calabazas from 123 Spanish Together that I had received. It talks about 5 little pumpkins and they each have different feelings/emotions. There is an adorable activity to make pumpkin outlines and have the children act out the emotions with their faces in the pumpkins. Check out how to do it by looking at their blog post here. I'm sure my girls will love doing this!




BRUJAS
In the storytime, they shared this cute little story about a little girl that dresses up like a witch.
Also, in the storytime, the librarian shared a funny little story about a witch making her own house. You use an orange paper to tell the story and cut it out. Then, at the end, the house looks like a jack 'o' lantern. My kids really enjoyed this story. I found the story in English here but you have to scroll down to "The Witch and The Little Orange House Story." Sorry you would have to translate.

FAMILIA DE VAMPIROS
My mom showed my girls (via webcam) this fun site of Mi Mundo en Palabras. There is a fun activity that a girl introduces her Adams-type family. It's a great listening activity. My girls got a big kick out of it!
If you go to the picture that says, "Esta es mi Familia" then "El Mundo de Carlos" and then "Foto de Mi Familia" as you click on the arrows it takes you to an Adams-type family with vampiros and brujas. It's really cute.



DISFRACES
On the same site above of Mi Mundo en Palabras. They have fun activities that teach vocabulary related to costumes! Click on "Fiesta de Disfraces," then "El Mundo de Carlos" and then "De que me disfrazo?"

4 comments:

medina family said...

That pumpkin song is so cute!! and a great review of emotions. I haven't checked out the other sites, but I'm sure they are great...you always have great links.

Anonymous said...

Hay muchas disfraces de brujas en Hyperlink Code !

Anonymous said...

Hay muchas disfraces de brujas en Disfraces

video for kids said...

Great post, like always ... Love your concept offering pleasure while learning ! Keep up with the great job !