Friday, October 22, 2010

Cha! Cha! Cha!



I love music that makes me want to dance. Isn't that part of the fun of learning Spanish?!? We enjoy listening to Whistlefritz' newest CD "Cha, Cha, Cha" in the car. I was so excited to review this CD since we love the A Bailar CD they already had out! Jorge Anaya does a wonderful job of putting traditional songs (and original songs) to different Latin styles and beats.

My personal favorite is the version of La Cucaracha. The additional verses talk about a girl parakeet trying to get a boy parakeet to go to the movies with her. Such fun, silly additions to the song! El Frutero is another song that is very catchy. I hope to make visuals for this song, so my kids will relate the words with the actual fruit.

I have always been impressed with all the products Whistlefritz has put out. They have received numerous awards recently for this CD. Dr. Toy named Cha, Cha, Cha one of the "Best 100 Products" of 2010 and the "Top 10 Audio/Visual Products" of 2010.

**Whistlefritz recently added a great lesson plan section to their site. They have great activities to use with children that reinforce vocabulary from the video "Adentro y Afuera". I really like the dice you can create that lets the children practice positional words (al lado, encima) and then put the mouse beside or on top of the cheese. There are adorable flash cards and other fun activities and enrichment ideas.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hi Tati,

Do you know where the link is to actually get into the lesson plan part of the website? All I could find was the email sign-up to learn about it when new plans are posted, but I'm hoping there's an archive on the site somewhere...

Thanks!

Tati said...

Hi Tricia,

Actually they have an e-mail sign-up so that you have to agree to the copyright consent and then it takes you straight to the website. They haven't e-mailed me anything either. After completing that I agree box and putting your e-mail, then you can see all the lesson plans.

medina family said...

loved seeing these plans! anything helps!

I got the A Bailar CD after one of your previous posts...and we enjoy it.